"Dixons, Currys and PC World (part of renamed: DSG International), was in 1989, being relentlessly attacked by so called 'ram raiders'. This crime, of deliberately crashing stolen vehicles (usually a sporty saloon car) through town centre shop front windows or the stock room shutters of out-of-town retail units, had reached costly and endemic proportions across the country. I approached Furnitubes for help in the development of a 'target hardening' solution to this crime. A range of demountable anti-ram and fixed security bollards were designed and successfully trialled by Furnitubes, who were then contracted to install the protective bollards nationwide. This urgent 'roll-out' programme was achieved with commendable speed, reliability and efficiency, and had the ultimate effect of bringing an end to 'ram-raids'. The bollards remain an enduring landscape feature in retail parks nationwide, protecting vulnerable shop elevations from this offence."
John Burr, Security Design & Equipment Specifications Manager, Dixons Stores Group (1989-1994)
- Cigarette Bins
- Cycle Parking
- Litter Bins
- Stainless Steel
- Tree Protection & Planters
- Access Control
- Illuminated Products
- Product Ranges
- Park Furniture
- Retail & Leisure
- Stations & Railways
- Special Commissions
Utmost Protection Security Products from Furnitubes
Furnitubes have a wide range of security products for locations where traffic needs to be controlled at certain times, or to prevent ram-raiding.
Here's why Furnitubes Security products are the ideal solution for you -
- Available in a variety of materials, finishes and sizes to suit your requirements
- Thick-walled and 600mm below ground depth provides the ultimate protection against would be ram-raiders
- Security bollards blend seamlessly with non-security versions; keep consistency in a scheme
- Telescopic security bollards are available for locations where access control is required
- Highlighting or reflective tape are available to increase visibility on your site
Talk to us today on 020 8378 3200 to discuss your security requirements.